Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

AC and vent issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Default AC and vent issues

Hi, i have an 05 Silverado Z71 and im having some issues with the ac and air vents im hoping someone could help me with. Here's whats happening...i can be riding down the road with the outside air coming in and all of sudden it will start blowing hot air as if the heater is on. The truck has dual climate control and both are all the way down in the blue when this happens. Also i can have on the ac and it will be so cold it will freeze you then suddenly it will also start blowing hot air. Has anyone experienced this before and if so what is the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You! Mike

Old 07-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Could be a couple things. Try look into replacing the A/C Cycle switch. Its about $13 and real easy. If that dont help then it might be the blend door behind the glove compartment. But I think its your switch. Just ask your parts store about the info.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:16 AM

I'll look into both items. Thank You!, for your help, i really appreciate it.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

No problem. Let us know the verdict.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:40 PM

most likely a blend door actuator. we put in 3-4 a week on those trucks.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:22 PM

im new to this site and am experiencing the same issue with my '05. wen u come up with a solution if you could please post wut the problem was that would be great. thanks

Old 07-10-2010, 07:55 PM

I have an 04' gmc sierra and I have similar problems. My A/C at first didnt work on position number 1 but would work fine on 2-5 unless I was setting in a parking lot. While setting at idle, the A/C would blow hot air. Now it only works on position 5 so I ordered a new dual climate control panel. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lawton
I have an 04' gmc sierra and I have similar problems. My A/C at first didnt work on position number 1 but would work fine on 2-5 unless I was setting in a parking lot. While setting at idle, the A/C would blow hot air. Now it only works on position 5 so I ordered a new dual climate control panel. Does anyone have any suggestions?
sounds like you've got a bad blower resistor, which usually cooks the connector as well.
as for the hot air on idle, thats a separate issue you'll have to get diagnosed

Old 07-10-2010, 10:43 PM
TruckForum Addict

My 04 did that while it was under warranty and the dealership replaced the climate control module I beleive it was called and it solved the problem.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:50 PM

Thanks guys, I got the climate control module already ordered and if that dont fix it I will get a new blower resistor and harness. Anyone know how much the blower resistor and harness cost?

Quick Reply: AC and vent issues