Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010 | 09:31 PM
|
Default Need help!!

I want to get 17'' offset wheels for my 05 z71, it is at stock ride height.

I want to get the look of the wheels being out past the fenders.

so, what wheels should I get and what would be the best offset to get the wheels past the fenders?

thank you
Stephen j

Old 06-08-2010 | 09:51 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Im not sure what offset but try not to use the spacers or adapters. Going out too far will stress the hub bearings.

Old 06-08-2010 | 10:22 PM
|

Originally Posted by RUFFNECK4LYFE
Im not sure what offset but try not to use the spacers or adapters. Going out too far will stress the hub bearings.
ok, thank you

Old 06-09-2010 | 12:34 AM

also i dont know how far out ur going but you have to watch on the fronts as we did a mod to a 1 ton and the wheels naturally sit offset due to rim (off set in) but in putting a normal rim on it sat them too far out and changed the steering arch of the wheels and made them hit. we had to change the whole front hubs to 3/4 ton hubs. again not sure how far out ur going or if it will make that much of a difference but if you do add spacers watch it.

J

Old 06-09-2010 | 11:27 AM
|

Originally Posted by seejgo2
also i dont know how far out ur going but you have to watch on the fronts as we did a mod to a 1 ton and the wheels naturally sit offset due to rim (off set in) but in putting a normal rim on it sat them too far out and changed the steering arch of the wheels and made them hit. we had to change the whole front hubs to 3/4 ton hubs. again not sure how far out ur going or if it will make that much of a difference but if you do add spacers watch it.

J
i dont know how far out im going either, thats why I need help

Old 06-09-2010 | 04:00 PM
Default Idea

Why not go with rims that are the right offset and just go with wider tires and a small lift, so they will clear the fenders. That way there, atleast you're not changing the offset of the wheels and stressing wheel hub bearings and etc. Spend a lil bit more $$$$$ and do the job the right way. You'll be glad you did, later on down the road.