Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the compliment I'm looking after their website site and keeping the followers up to date on the website and facebook.
I'll share it here too as the project moves forward.
We have a tentative opening date of May 11 2012. (fingers crossed)

Old 09-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Beginner

I had to cut out a 20" piece of brake line on the rear supply line that rotted and blew out when I was driving on the highway. I then bent a new piece and flared the cut end and replaced the line and taught the wife how to bleed brakes. Not a bad day. Will need to replace all the lines sometime in the near future with aftermarket stainless lines. 2001 Silverado 1500 2WD with 4.3, a little over 117K.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

I got the seat back from the upholstery shop for the 95 truck...

Old 09-29-2011, 05:51 AM

I purchased a K&N Cold Air intake for my '08 Sierra. I plan to install it on Saturday.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:13 AM

OK, the K&N is in. Looks and sounds good. Seems to be a little peppier, too. according the the literature I should see approximately a 17.5 HP increase and a 18.8 Lb/ft of torque increase at 4900 rpm.

If I actually see a 5-7 HP increase and possibly 10 Lb/ft of torque I'd be real happy.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
I got the seat back from the upholstery shop for the 95 truck...

Wow! That came out great! Congrats!

I've been thinking of getting the interior of my 2000 Silverado redone. It doesn't have any rips or holes, but after a quarter million miles, it is pretty worn and stained.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost to get the seat done?

Old 10-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Default Tune done & bars ordered

Got my initial custom tune back from diablew tune. Truck drives like it's possessed, it's much more fun just driving to work now. She hits 65 in 1st gear and launches into 2nd. Also, since putting the 3.5" lift on last week, the wife rode with me last weekend and suggested I get some step bars; can you believe it, she suggested I buy something for the truck. Got a set of tuff bars, polished for my crew cab, for $163: from CarId. Best part, aside from not ruining my tilt pulling on the steering wheel getting in, is that with the height of my truck and the step bars: no more worrying about somebody putting a door ding in my baby. Happy moddin', fellas.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:07 AM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by Ru888
Got my initial custom tune back from diablew tune. Truck drives like it's possessed, it's much more fun just driving to work now. She hits 65 in 1st gear and launches into 2nd. Also, since putting the 3.5" lift on last week, the wife rode with me last weekend and suggested I get some step bars; can you believe it, she suggested I buy something for the truck. Got a set of tuff bars, polished for my crew cab, for $163: from CarId. Best part, aside from not ruining my tilt pulling on the steering wheel getting in, is that with the height of my truck and the step bars: no more worrying about somebody putting a door ding in my baby. Happy moddin', fellas.
Pictures

Old 10-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Razoo
Wow! That came out great! Congrats!

I've been thinking of getting the interior of my 2000 Silverado redone. It doesn't have any rips or holes, but after a quarter million miles, it is pretty worn and stained.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost to get the seat done?
It wasn't cheap, but these seats are a pain to recover. GM adhered the material to the foam so it is really hard to remove the old cover and get a pattern. With that said it cost me $450. I also wanted original material which is $80 per yard so that increased the cost a bit. If your 2000 is the newer body style it should be less.
EDIT: I just noticed your's is the new body style so it should be cheaper.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
EDIT: I just noticed your's is the new body style so it should be cheaper.
Yeah, the body style changed in 1999. Same body '99 through 2002, then the sheet metal changed again.

My 2000 looks like a work truck, which is what it is, but when I bought it, I selected the LS option, so it's got PW, 4 wheel disc breaks, am/fm/cd changer and 8 speakers in a regular cab. auto headlights power door locks,and a whole load of other stuff that doesn't come in the WT or the standard 1500.
So I ended up with a plain white wrapper, regular cab, long bed, Silverado on the outside, and a whole boat load of options on the inside. Turned out to be a pretty good combo of utility and comfort.

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...