Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:34 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default found out

well i have been driving the new toy to work the last 4 days and wow she is boucny and squirely at 65
im gonna do some research and figure out how to tighten up the steering and also how boucny it is

Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 PM
TruckForum Addict

Your springs are probably too stiff. Maybe your shocks are too tight also.

Steering, just check for play on your pitman, idler arm and tierod ends.

Maybe even the U-joint on the steering column intermediate shaft. Just check for slop in the joint.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:45 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by NullHead
Your springs are probably too stiff. Maybe your shocks are too tight also.

Steering, just check for play on your pitman, idler arm and tierod ends.

Maybe even the U-joint on the steering column intermediate shaft. Just check for slop in the joint.
good call on the springs my buddy said the same thing today when he was riding in it i think maybe they put overloads on it at one point
and i will check the steering components due to the maaaaaassssssssssssive power steering leak from both hoses

Old 10-07-2011, 01:56 AM
Default Step Bars on today

My new step bars came in today and put em' on after work this evening. Definately one of the best investments I've made yet. I'll try to get some pics up this weekend, if I can get a spare minute during the daylight. I'll also try and get some of the custom CAI/ Ram air intake I made, cost about $50 bucks for the initial setup. About $250 more for the direct intake and throttle body spacer, but still that's a lot cheaper than buying one outright. In addition, I'm drawing air from under the truck, as well as, from the stock hole in the inner fender housing. Like I said, I'll try to get the pics up, anf if anyone's interested on the parts and directions on building one: I'll be glad to help. Happy Moddin'.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:20 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default finally got my undercoating almost

baught some dupli color undercoating for the burban today
it was only one quart so i only got half of it done
i got the outside frame rails done but still need to go over it again so im thinking im gonna have to get 4 gallons to do it all the right way
once it it all done im gonna paint it probably chevy red orange or something like that cause i like the color of it and it is in a spray paint can

Old 10-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Smile

Loaded up the family and went to breakfast in the avalanche, Then headed out to the Grandparents to visit and replace the left front hub bearing due to noise and ABS light coming on last week.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Bought front and rear brake pads to put on the wifey's Tahoe. I took the front wheels off and the pads were still about 3/4's so I put the wheels right back on. I removed the rear wheels and they were a different story. I think they were originals - 90K miles on the truck. I was surprised because besides a slightly lower pedal it stopped fine. I just heard a faint squeak going through the drive through the other day - it was obviously the indicators. Replaced them and now the pedal is right at the top and no more squeaky!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:43 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default just

well i was sleeping after i got off work when i here a knock on my door
my buddy managed to get his isuzu hombre 4wd truck stuck in the mud down by the river outside of town
so i get my burban and my tow ropes and chains and all the works to pull someone out
well locked the hubs and put it in 4 low and wow does my truck got some power i took the truck where i got stuck at i nmy other truck and she plowed right thru it then i had toget back to what i was there for pulling him out
so i go about 1 mile and a hald into deep woods trails
went thru some 2-3 foot ruts and it never even wanted to get stuck

so took the truck muddin a lil thats what i did to the burban o when i got back to his truck some one had already pulled him out just enaugh that he could get out

Old 10-12-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by GMCSierraFan
Woke up at 4:30 am and went out and completed my plow route. Then went home and took my plow off so I could go to work by 7:30. Drove 20 miles to work and used it to haul a small mold to a different shop because all the company trucks are out of state. Left work at 4:30 and drove home... Then watched married with children for a couple hours.

Yeah... I know it's sunday
Missed church, didn't ya?

Old 10-15-2011, 04:56 AM
Default Diab'NO predator programmer

I don't remember if I told y'all I put a Predator Sport tune on my Silvy, well I did. I even put a custom tune on it from one of Diablo's contractors but to no avail, I kept having issues. The biggest issue was the speeding ticket I got on the way back from the in-laws. I was running about 78mph when the cop got behind me, but he said he got me at 87 in a 70; so it's definitely off. I put the over-sized tires on the truck, so the speedo was off; but when I bought the Predator it had a parameter to adjust the tire to calibrate the speedo. Problem is the darn thing wasn't working, and worse yet: when I called Diablo they told me that the custom tune guy could write it into the program. So, I downloaded the tune, but he told me I would have to check it with a GPS and try to adjust the tire size to whatever size worked; even if it wasn't the numerical size of my tires. I would recommend that anyone interested in a tuner tosteer away from Diablo. Long story short, too late huh, I'm sending the tuner back and taking to the performance shop to put on the Dyno: then I'll know for sure that the speedo right and I'll get a true horsepower/ torque gain readout. Let y'all know how it goes, getting it done Monday. Oh yeah, I'll get the pics of my truck and the custom CAI I built, this weekend. Happy Moddin'

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...