Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 08:30 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by realvc
Replaced the A/C compresser, accum.and recharged system after pulling a vaccuum. Now it is cool in my truck.
I had done the heater core back flush and replaced the fresh air filters to get some heat right after I got the truck in Oct. of last year.
Found another PF9 mag for a spare and now have all wheels matching.
I have to chain and lock the spare in the bed because the tire won't fit in between the dual exhaust. I figure that is why there was no spare with the truck when I bought it. Now I need to figure out another way to mount the spare in the bed.

they make some pretty cool spare tire mounts for the bed of ur truck i seen them use it on trucks back when stacey david still did the show and he was building a baja truck

Old 04-22-2012, 12:57 PM
TruckForum Addict

I fixed my speedometer the other day. Just replaced my VSS and repaired the two wires leading to it and all is well.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Drove it - it was a little cool this morning and the old girl felt like she picked up a few ponies.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:26 PM

Today I removed the EGR and Smog Pump from my '88 K1500 350, then pulled the cat and now it is 3 inch pipe from the Y pipe through the Flowmaster muffler and all the way to the tailpipe. It seems to run better for my efforts...
I also discovered that several of the bolts holding the transfer together were loose; this wouldn't be the first time I laid under my Chev and tightened every bolt in sight.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:48 PM
TruckForum Addict

Put a new Sony radio in my '89 the other day ... sounds mediocre. The factory speakers from 1989 are somewhat dated ... but it's better than 100% all the time radio static that my old factory radio unit provided me .. and some occasional popping.

Anywho, I wired it up with one of those Metra factory radio bypass harnesses and the new radio harness that came with the Sony and soldered/heatshinked/taped it all up. You would never know it wasn't installed from the factory! Looks amazing ... I should have taken a picture of the harness .. but I can get one of the radio install. Looks just like every other radio install though.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:56 PM
TruckForum Addict

Had to put a new differential cover on the ol' beast. It was leaking after I took the original off and changed the fluid. The original cover was questionable after I took it off, but I tried it anyways with some of the right stuff from permatex. I'll tell you what, that stuff holds like no other! It was actually pretty hard to separate the diff cover! Shame I used it all up already ... I ended up using regular black RTV this time with the new cover.

Anyway:
Name:  Vk06Cl.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  43.5 KB

Old 07-13-2012, 09:29 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default hauled some

hauld some 40 inch diameter by 30 inch long logs in the bed of my truck very heavy but she never squated once

Old 07-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Beginner
Default Tires

Just had Dick Cepek 305/65 r18 Mud Country's put on my truck. Looks and rides great. i have a 2in rough country leveling kit and they fit fine without any trimming

Attached Thumbnails Tell us what you did to your truck today...-chevy-2.jpg   Tell us what you did to your truck today...-chevy.jpg   Tell us what you did to your truck today...-chevy-4.jpg  
Old 07-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Default Odd Brake Light Flash Issue

I had a new tranny put into my '88 K 1500 (700R4/4L60) and was testing it out. About a half hour into the rive, the speedometer suddenly stopped working and the Brake light on the dash started to flicker. The speedo came back on a few minutes later, but the brake light kept flashing, four quick pulses and one long, four short, one long. Everything worked fine so I kept going and checked the codes when I got home, nothing. So I read the book and could not find any reference to diognostic codes through the dash Brake light, although this does have early Antiloc (Back wheels only and in 2WD only). Finally, I disconnected the battery and the code cleared. Anyone ever hear of anything like that?

Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default Install if draw tight front mount

I ordered a front mount hitch from e trailers about a week ago after I naught a 12000lb winch from badlands anyway today I finally got around to installing the hitch very simple to do just used the factory tow hook bolts and mounting locations the mount is only good for 9000lbs but should be able to hold the wight of my truck easy from what the website said I also did not have to cut any holes in the front facia due to my truck having a plow on it from the previous owner
Pics to come if I can figure out how to download em from my iPhone

Pics have been posted everyone even more pics posted

Last edited by cubpak89; 10-20-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...