Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by RustyFordLover
I pulled my truck into a old heated car wash today, got it up on jack stands, and spent the -20 degree outside day, I spent the day in a tee-shirt under my truck. I did quite a bit of work because it recently hit 100,000 miles.

I changed all my shocks, ball joints and CV axles.

Changed the engine oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant, tranny fluid, transfer case fluid, differential fluids and replaced the thermostat.

I gave the truck a good wash inside and out.

I took the back bumper off and hammered out the small dent under the passanger side tail light, and then fixed the plastic on the front bumper.

I replaced all the filters I could think of.

And then to top it all off, I put on a new set of tires.

Here is a pic of my work shop.

That is the corner of the bumper I straitened.
Nice work Rustyoldford
Must be a good feeling knowing you have all that work done now on your truck. $$
I know when I got it done to mine... I liked my truck all over again.
They haul our crap and take us were ever we want to go so they deserve a treat like that.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by In2Trux
I painted my stock winter rims today.

BEFORE

PRIMER

PAINTED BLACK

I finally finished painting my stock rims and installing my winter tires for this winter
Name:  IMG_0032.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  117.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0031.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  135.5 KB

Old 11-06-2012, 11:57 AM

Nice work Rustyoldford
Must be a good feeling knowing you have all that work done now on your truck. $$
I know when I got it done to mine... I liked my truck all over again.
They haul our crap and take us were ever we want to go so they deserve a treat like that.
I try to take care of my truck. I paid a lot of money for it. I was able to get my old Ford up to 780,000+ miles before I sold it, and the guy I sold it to still drives it.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:59 AM

I finally finished painting my stock rims and installing my winter tires for this winter

That looks really good. I need to paint my ugly black steel rims at some point, and then polish my aluminum summer rims.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:35 AM
TruckForum Addict

Lookin good, RustyFordLover and In2Trux! I'm not so sure what I'll be doing to my truck this weekend, but it needs help ... the driveshaft is clunking, I'm gonna check my U joints for binding, so I'll be pulling my driveshafts ... I think my trans is slipping too, so maybe I'll try out some lucas transmission stop-slip?

I got new rear shocks for it, but I just haven't put them on yet. I also gotta find some rattle in the front left that's driving my crazy ... sounds suspension related, like a control arm bushing, but so far I've checked them twice and haven't felt any play in them ..

Old 11-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Beginner

Boom!!! Isn't much but i need the sexiness...haha.

Attached Thumbnails Tell us what you did to your truck today...-photo0303.jpg  
Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 PM
TruckForum Addict

Put a new U joint in the rear driveshaft. Fixed my tailgate ... it's still messed up - the bottom is all rotted out, when the latches and handle seized up, the P.O just pulled harder and just bent the tail gate where the handle mounts, the hinges are all rotted out - turned the torsion bars down a little to try to level out the truck a little. As it was, if I loaded the bed at all, the truck would just look silly. The front was setting slightly higher than the rear even when it was unloaded lol

Old 11-10-2012, 09:54 PM

Didn't happen today, but I determined that no one will ever be allowed in the driver seat of my truck again. Asked a guy at work to move it so i could load some lumber in it, and he came hauling *** drifting around a icy corner, and went around backwards and hit a mailbox. Pissed me off like never before. Oh, and I fired him.

Here is a pic of the damage.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Ah man !!! That sucks

Old 11-11-2012, 02:03 PM
TruckForum Addict

Oh wow ... that really sucks big time! The damage looks superficial though. Some paint will fix it right up. Or should I say, that'll buff out :P Still sucks about the damage in the first place though ...

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...