Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 04:00 PM

Yea, I was pretty pissed off. I'm waiting for my insurance to come through, and I'm gonna convince them the little dent on the other side happened at the same time.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Beginner
Default Stop and Lift

93 Z71. Replaced calipers. Added EBC rotors and 7000 series green pads. Replaced torsion bar keys to give frontend a 2.5" lift. New ProComp shocks. After some other frontend parts are completed. Then i will add 2" blocks in the rear. Can't drive till all done. Note (217K and still going strong)

Old 11-18-2012, 08:00 PM
TruckForum Addict

Replaced a bad piece of fuel hose on my 96 today. Turns out, the previous owner cut an access hole in the bed, cut the fuel lines when he replaced the fuel pump, and repaired the lines with injector hose .... so with who knows how many miles on it, it started leaking. So I just replaced the hose for now, and in the spring time I'll get a new fuel pump and sender for it. I'm really not too happy about the cut bed though ... I really wish he hadn't done that. I'll have to look into welding it up ...

Also, for the record, bed liners are a HUGE PITA to install. Maybe it's just me, and maybe having a cap on the bed makes it harder to get enough access, but geeze it's hard to get them things in there ...

Old 11-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Default Reverse backup radar

I installed reverse backup radar on my truck, it works real good no backing over little old lady's anymore. For under $20.00 off E-bay.

Attached Thumbnails Tell us what you did to your truck today...-backup-2.jpg   Tell us what you did to your truck today...-back-up.jpg  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Thumbs up Installed a backup camera.

I installed this backup camera and love it. When backing up to a trailer there is no guess work. You see everything behind you even at night in full color.

Attached Thumbnails Tell us what you did to your truck today...-camera.jpg   Tell us what you did to your truck today...-camera-1.jpg  
Old 11-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ItBeMe
I installed this backup camera and love it. When backing up to a trailer there is no guess work. You see everything behind you even at night in full color.
That is a great idea. I had a GPS that had that feature. A couple of days after the GPS warranty expired the camera stopped working. I miss it.
VERY CONVENIENT FOR BACKING TO A TRAILER

Old 12-02-2012, 05:31 PM
TruckForum Addict

See, both of my Chevys have had bed caps. And on those caps, the doors had inside handles that turned form horizontal to verticle to latch/unlatch them, and they were conveniently located exactly lined up with the ball of the trailers. So .. have a helper stand at the tongue of the trailer, or get a pole or something that you can see through your rear view mirror a I could get it every time that way.

But trucks with out caps, I can see that being absolutely awesome for lining up for a trailer.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Beginner
Default Stopped Leaks

1990 1 ton 4x4 extended cab. I replaced valve cover gaskets today. I had a bad leak on the right cover. Took the old cork ones off and replaced with Fel-Pro rubber gaskets. Hoping these seal better. I also replaced spark plugs, air filter, changed oil and filter. Hope the old 454 runs better. It has 131k on it but still runs great.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Beginner

Actually did this a couple days ago but got a 4 inch suspension lift, new 20 inch xd series chrome rims, 305 55 20 nitto terra grapplers installed on my 2010 z71 4x4. It looks awesome. I'll try and post a pic later.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:28 PM

Well, on my truck, a few days ago, I had the throttle stick open at 50 MPH running over the glare ice of Fairbanks. Not a pleasant moment. I was able to kick the truck into nutural and shut the engine off, and get under the hood grab the cable and pull it back to a idle. Didn't act up again. But since i had a problem with it, I took the throttle body apart and cleaned it. the truck has a appointment to get all new CV axles, u joints, ball joints, and front bearing on the thirteenth, as well as replacing the throttle body and cables, and fixing the tow haul mode, and dash lights. All on the warrenty, other wise id fix it myself, but this way i don't even have to buy the parts.

Today, was the day to work on Amanda's car (Amanda is my Fiance). She has a 2003 Ford Escape.

Changed the oil, and transmission fluid (I put a used tranny in the car not too long ago, and I wanted to have her run it awhile and then flush it again and change the filter), tranny filter, air filter, and oil filter. Bled and drained the brakes, and then put new fluid in them, and repressurized them. Fixed her floor heater, replaced her thermostat, rotated her tires, replaced her 12V outlet, and then after all that, cleaned it for here, including shampooing the carpet.

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...