Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Default Put Headers on my '88

Today I put headers on my '88 Silverado to work with the Holley intake and Flowmaster Cat-free 3 inch exhaust. Other mods include all smog equipment deleted, injectors raised 1/4 inch, and a Jegs distributor set to 6 BTDC with brain disconnected & an Accel coil. I run the plugs a bit wide because the TBI just loves them that way. I't like to think I picked up somewhere around 20% h.p., but that's pretty easy to do just cleaning these things up from stock. After that, it's about $10 a horse!

Attached Thumbnails Tell us what you did to your truck today...-20130322-headers.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 01:18 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by NullHead
Yes.
Sorry pics haven't came up yet been busy with family loss but I just got my cab lights in the mail a week ago when there on I will post pics of it

Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Default Holley 670 cfm TBI Replacement

For you TBI guys, this is bolt on horsepower. I'm about done with the engine now...I'm gonna stay with the stock cam and heads until they are worn out.
The Holley TBI replacement has 2 inch bores, rather than the 1 11/16 inch stock bores...that is 42% larger. What with all of the changes in the above pics, Headers, smog pump/cat elimination, 3 inch flowmaster, JEGS distributior, Accel coil, Holley ProJection intake and now the Holley TBI, I would guess that I have picked up somewhere around 35% hp. I hate to guess numbers, but if you decide to do something like this, you won't be sorry

Attached Thumbnails Tell us what you did to your truck today...-20130417-holley-tbi.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 05:33 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default Finally got done what needed to be done

Today went and did an oil change from regular oil to full synthetic 10w30 also went thru and did a trans filter and fluid change man what a pain in the butt that was took me forever and a day to get to the pan bolts that were directly above the trans mount had to take a 10 mil wrench to try to get em loose finally I did and its been raining just about every day here haven't don't the roof lights yet on my truck

Old 04-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Beginner

I just replaced the left front wheel hub and bearing assembly on my 01 Silverado 2wd. Easy to do in concept but a real pain in the but to pull the rotor and then the bearing assembly. Good thing I had a wheel puller, torch and BFH. Everything was rusted together. This is the second time the hub has been replaced, once by the dealer due to the recall and now by me. The right hub and bearing are good, just need to clean the ABS sensor to get the ABS working properly again.

Next job is replacing shocks all around.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:17 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by TM2/SS
I just replaced the left front wheel hub and bearing assembly on my 01 Silverado 2wd. Easy to do in concept but a real pain in the but to pull the rotor and then the bearing assembly. Good thing I had a wheel puller, torch and BFH. Everything was rusted together. This is the second time the hub has been replaced, once by the dealer due to the recall and now by me. The right hub and bearing are good, just need to clean the ABS sensor to get the ABS working properly again.

Next job is replacing shocks all around.
Hmm usually a few smacks with a hammer around the wheel studs will free the rotor. Same for the CV axle after you get the nut off, and sometimes for the actual hub bearing. Also, an air chisel is your best friend for hub bearings.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:18 PM
TruckForum Addict

I charged up my A/C yesterday, but it still isn't quite as cold as I would like it ... I put two 12oz cans in it and the pressures turned out "okay" but still isn't quite what I was looking for. Also my high side hose on my gauges doesn't seem to fit quite right on the service port, so I have to push down on it and wiggle it to get any reading on the gauge ... I wonder if manual screw down valve on the ends of my gauges would help with that. I have the quick release connections on there now.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:38 AM
Beginner

spent 8 hours washing, buffing and waxing my 2008 GMC Sierra, then installed 1 1/4 inch spacers to stop my tires rubbing on my upper control arms, worked, but started to rub a little on inner fender liner
6.jpgDSCN1047.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Tell us what you did to your truck today...-6.jpg   Tell us what you did to your truck today...-dscn1047.jpg  
Old 05-17-2013, 01:04 AM
Default Positrac in the back

I added positrac to my '88 K1500.

Randy's Ring & Pinion new posi, all new bearings & seals, one day service, $1400. Not bad!

Old 05-19-2013, 04:02 PM
TruckForum Addict

Cleaned my throttle blade and added Lucas Transmission-Fix Stop Slip to my poor worn out 4L60E. Seemed to help with the first gear slip. Hopefully it will buy me some time lol.

But holy crap was my throttle blade dirty as heck ... that helped smooth the idle out like no other. It was so bad, I was thinking I would need a new timing chain! I probably still do, but wow what a difference. I'm also going to do the SeaFoam aerosol intake cleaner in a few days and see if that works.

Gotta love old trucks

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...