Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by RUFFNECK4LYFE
Ok if its just a matter of opinion only, you made the mistake by knocking on mine with your sarcasm.
Sarcasm? What do you all a "sarcasm"? And at what point do you think I was "knocking your opinion". As I recall, the time line of the "challenge" when like this:

Post #4: caantunez
"I been thinking about camming my truck to. What exactly do u need to do that. Other than the cams".
Post #5: Razoo
Cam, lifters, rods, antifreeze, time, tools, lube and elbow grease....
Post #6: RUFFNECK4LYFE
"These motors are real easy! You dont have to change out the lifters....
Post #7 Razoo
"Unless price is an issue, I don't see the advantage of not installing new lifters when swapping in a new cam, rods and valve springs.
Post #8 RUFFNECK4LYFE
"You tell me what the advantage is besides having new lifters"?

That sentence sounds as though, and probably was, meant to start the "friendly debate" as you called it. I realized at that point that the thread was going to decline. At that point, I answered your question, and bowed out as to not destroy the thread. I didn't even check back into the thread until Post #19 when I read your response to me in post #10. The tone of the sentence in italics above was how I could tell you were getting upset. That wasn't my goal. I wasn't trying to upset, or even challenge anyone.

You've seemed to completely miss something I stated more than once. That is that I don't think you're wrong, and I never said you were.

Originally Posted by [B
RUFFNECK4LYFE[/b]]Then I ask back, you run off scared.
Did you forget that I posed the question: "Why not replace the lifters if you're getting that deep into the top end"?

I don't "run of scared" (speaking of "sarcasms). I simply saw, (and as it turns out, rightfully so) absolutely no necessity in confusing the thread with a differing opinion. Especially since there was no wrong in either of the two opinions. I didn't see a need to start an exchange like we are presently having. Here is what i said and did, that you refer to as running "off scared":

Ultimately the amount of work done is up to the owner. If I were the owner, I would replace the lifters, too. Quite obviously if you were the owner, you wouldn't. That's simply a matter of preference.

If different opinions are going to tick you off, I'm sorry. To be honest, it's not worth the argument to me. Perhaps it's better for me to keep my opinions to my self, rather that start a war about this, so I will.

The idea was to avoid the inevitable argument. Your method is completely viable, I saw no need to side track the thread. Under the circumstances even that seems to have failed.

Originally Posted by [B
RUFFNECK4LYFE[/b]]So yeah lets just keep that way. I can appreciate the fact you have done what works for you, but not guilt and sarcasm rather than facts and options.
I don't understand this comment, especially the "guilt and sarcasm". I offered neither. Re-read the post. I said that I would replace the Lifters. You disagreed. I saw no reason to continue that " friendly debate".

The bottom line is this:
1. I don't think and never said you were wrong about anything.
2. The purpose of the thread is to answer the question posed by the OP, not do have a debate on which method is best. There is enough confusion for beginners in the hobby, they don't need two people debating the answer to their question.
For those reason, I decided not to go any further.

Last edited by Razoo; 01-23-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Wow, this is really stupid. Im really not worried bout it, cuz I am here to help others learn and to learn from others as well. So I am gonna end it here and as for Caatunez, my apologies for this arguement on your thread. Anything else you need to know I will do my best to help out.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by RUFFNECK4LYFE
Wow, this is really stupid.
I agree.