General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

What would you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2021 | 07:50 PM
|
Beginner
Default What would you prefer?

Hey!

New here. I am trying to find somewhere where people can help me compare some trucks. I am trying to find something that I can use as my daily driver in the winter and a work truck in the summer. I work as a tree planter in British Columbia, Canada. So I do a lot of driving in the summers on logging roads sometimes carrying a quad, and usually 4-6 other planters plus their gear. In the winters I mostly just ski, so if the truck can handle my summer driving I am sure it will be able to handle winters in Canada skiing. I am currently comparing two trucks and I am not sure which suits my needs more. One is diesel which I like because then I have to fuel up less frequently (sometimes we do long drives 2hr+ and driving to town for fuel sucks) but I have been told they are just generally more reliable. The other is gas but is slightly smaller so possibly more fuel efficient. Anyways I'll post the links here and give me your honest opinions and we can discuss from there.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ssenger_banner

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ssenger_banner

Old 09-23-2024 | 07:22 AM

You might consider a Ford truck with a diesel engine for your needs. It is powerful enough to carry all your equipment and people.Besides that, diesel engines
are quite reliable and efficient, especially on a long drive.